The ISO 14001 Environment Management System (EMS) standard is an internationally recognized environmental management standard which was first published in 1996. It is a systematic framework to manage the immediate and long term environmental impacts of an organization’s products, services and processes. CQI and Certified EMS Auditor Training courses will equip you to assess the conformance of organizations’ environmental management systems to ISO 14001.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR?
Environmental Auditors, Officers, Engineers, advisor and those intending to acquire the competence to audit an organization’s ISO 14001-based management system, either as third or second-party auditor.
Purpose and benefits of Environment Management System
PDCA & Environmental Management System
EMS Processes and Documentation
Conducting Opening meeting
Audit Types and auditor characteristics
Scope, Objectives and Criteria Identification practical exercise
Planning an EMS Audit
Preparation of Stage 1 & 2 Audit theory and exercise
Conformity and Non Conformity Identification and recording
Corrective actions (findings and non-conformity) exercise and more.
CERTIFICATE BENIFITS :
1. Acquire a good knowledge in environmental aspects and impacts.
2. Understand the local and international environmental legislation.
3. Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow-up an environmental management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
4. Understand the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management.
5. Understand the methods and techniques of environmental management that enable you to examine an environmental management system, and to generate appropriate audit findings and conclusions.